Meet A New Look's 100th Fan!

In April, A New Look was just shy of 100 fans on Facebook; I proposed that my 100th fan would be featured on the blog in a mini-interview. That 100th fan just happened to be Nick Lautzenheiser, who at the time was engaged, and is now married to my good friend Marissa. Both Nick and Marissa are passionate about health, environmentalism and conservation. This love definitely manifests itself in the couple's manner of dress and presentation.


A New Look: Where do you work? What do you do?
Nick Lautzenheiser: I'm the development coordinator for the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District in New Philadelphia. I'm a grant writer and administer for the District and coordinator for the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy Foundation.

ANL: How important is self presentation in your job and life?
NL: It's important to me to look good and present myself professionally. I don't want to look slovenly, or that I don't care about my appearance. Aside from my cycling jerseys, of which I have about a dozen, I like to wear French cuff shirts with my custom cuff links Marissa gave me (with maps of Mineral City and New Philadelphia on them). I like wearing ties, especially knit ones. I like to wear suits, but I don't often have an occasion to wear them.


ANL: Is there a difference between office wear and casual wear for you?
NL: Yes. To me casual wear is jeans and polos. My office attire is usually dress slacks and button-down shirts.

ANL: What is one of your favorite pieces of clothing?
NL: I really like my wedding suit. It's technically a tuxedo, but it has the look of a suit, with tan pants, vest, and jacket and a creme-colored shirt. We have mint green paisley ties and pocket squares, too. I'm wearing the map cuff links also.



Photo credit: Salvatori Photography
ANL: What did you wear on/pack for your honeymoon?
NL: We brought a lot of athletic wear because we hiked a lot, but we also dressed up for one nice dinner out. I wore a pink, patterned shirt and celery-green shorts. I'm not used to sandals, but Hawaii changed me. I own a pair of flip-flops now.

Comments

Popular Posts