On My Adoration For Spring and Pre-Fall 2013

"Designers used to go to the jungle for inspiration, now we don't have time to go because we're living in one," quipped Alber Elbaz of Lanvin recently.

With the parade of Pre-Fall 2013 stomping down runways and inundating the internet worldwide, I can say after what I found to be a somewhat boring S/S 13 season, my interest in following shows is (finally!) once again peaked. Black seems to be the go to color across the board and I'm not complaining. Lanvin's clean, edgy lines and fresh styling (not to mention, the animal print is killing me... in a totally good way) left me drooling yesterday. Enjoy these few gems from the collection:






Photo credit: Style.com

I know I'm a bit late in getting to the Spring 2013 collections, but of what I have finally seen, I was particularly impressed with YSL. Hedi Slimane played around with a boho urban chic vibe that worked in a way I was surprised I loved so much; a Spaniard-like influence also permeated my conscious upon viewing the collection. The mixture of leather and sheer materials was brilliant and feminine.








Photo credit: The Cut / NY Mag

The Dior Spring 2013 collection intrigued and baffled me a bit.... Raf Simons has wonderful, modern ideas, but as far as labeling them Dior? I'm not so sure if they fit with the historical aesthetic of the house. Opinions? I do love his experiment with blazers/tailored jackets as a uniform of their own. The variations are cheeky while remaining polished. And I'm dying for one of his voluminous pastel dresses, complete with bike shorts. The 80's are forever!

                                             




                               
                                           





Photo credit: The Cut / NY Mag


Comments

Popular Posts